WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Executive Assistant Intern to support our Chief Program Officer in managing his schedule, responding to incoming/outgoing communications, and staying on top of ongoing projects related to our business operations and program management departments.
This position provides critical, day-to-day administrative support for an executive including – but not limited to – calendar management, office management, creating & updating documents, supporting with presentations, and communicating with a host of internal colleagues & external partners. The position resides within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, juggling and managing a number of tasks are critical to success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is process-oriented and wants to grow into a full-fledged Executive Assistant.
- Report directly to and collaborate with the Chief Program Officer (CPO)
- Provide general support in a variety of tasks related to program management, business development, and client engagement
- Coordinate with staff from other departments to manage company-wide projects
- Function as liaison to marketing, finance, and people & culture departments
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for the CPO
- Prepare reports for the CPO and update internal information management systems, such as Hubspot and Asana, to track the status of ongoing projects
- Create presentations to share information with the leadership team and manage communications with other departments to follow up on projects
- Carry out administrative duties such as typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Answer phone calls and write letters/emails on behalf of the CPO
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face inquiries
- Be accessible by phone, text, or computer at non-traditional hours
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU
Our ideal intern would meet some or all of the following qualifications:
- Currently pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree in an area related to child development, education, sports management, physical education; or possess a personal interest in these areas
- Personal background in sports/athletics or experience with competitive sports would help you better understand our work, but is not required for this internship
- Prior experience in an office assistant or administrative role where you managed an independent workload
- Prior experience using Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Calendar) and MS Office products
- Ability to learn new technology platforms to assist with collecting data and managing projects
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with coworkers, coaches, school faculty, and other partnering organizations
- Demonstrate impeccable oral and written communication skills to draft emails, manage phone calls, and other written materials
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize projects as needed
- Be available to work Monday - Friday during the hours of 9am - 6pm (flexible scheduling is available based on your class schedule)
- Be willing to travel around diverse areas of NYC (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens) via public transportation
- Radiate a positive, upbeat personality and be a team player!
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing - and we encourage interns to return to work with us!
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events