Kids in the Game is looking for a Sports Specialist of good health with the ability to provide fun and age-appropriate instruction. Potential candidates must possess leadership skills, be responsible, dependable and a team player. A sports specialist is responsible for the overall operation of the Sports Program including activity planning, implementation and safety management.
- Foster an atmosphere of fun and learning and serve as a role model to youth while providing fun and age-appropriate instruction.
- Knowledge and experience in working with and supervising children.
- Organized with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop sports activities that are innovative, creative, and exciting.
- Ensure that programs reflect the development of each camper, the goals of Kids in the Game and meet the New York State Standards for Health, Physical Education and Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Arrange and maintain sports area, equipment, and set up and clean-up operations of the sports area on a daily basis.
- Foster an atmosphere of fun and learning and serves as a role model to youth, always conducting him/herself in the utmost professional manner and maintaining appropriate boundaries. They are also responsible for maintaining target number of participants.
- Assist with the overall Camp Program including the planning and implementation of camp programs, development of weekly schedules and camper satisfaction.
- Ensure that campers acquire a sincere appreciation of Sports, achieving an increased sense of self-esteem, cognitive skills and motor skills.Assume all other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director.
- Soccer, Tennis, Swimming, Basketball, Yoga, Dance, General Sports
- Bachelors degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Pass a NY State run background check
- CPR, First Aid and AED certified
- Experience of 2+ years in youth development, camp programming, coaching or similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Camp Dates: June 26th – August 18th
- Locations: Upper West Side (147 W. 70th Street, New York, NY 10023) / Inwood (620 Isham Street, New York, NY 10034)/ Riverdale (452 W 260th Street, Bronx, NY 10471)
- Compensation: Based on experience
To apply for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com